4 Brand New En-Suite Letting Rooms
- Single occupancy £70/night (Friday-Sunday)
- Double room £85/night (Friday-Sunday)
- Single occupancy £55/night (Monday-Thursday)
- Double room £70/night (Monday-Thursday)
- All prices include hearty full cooked breakfast
Situated in the quiet village of Sigingstone, in the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan countryside. We are half way between the small country towns of Cowbridge and Llantwit Major.
The Victoria Inn offers quality, homemade food, fine ales and free Wi-Fi.in all rooms.
We’re ideally set in a peaceful village allowing for a tranquil sleep We have four double rooms, en-suite facilities with large showers.
Large 40’’ flat screen LED TV in each room with quality super king/ king sizes beds. Furniture is all solid Oak. Rooms are all complete with tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer .An iron /ironing board is available on request.
All rooms are on the first floor.12 straight steps with sturdy handrail to the left, further two steps to the right , again with handrail.
All rooms non smoking
Free large on site car parking
You are guaranteed a relaxing night sleep in our sound proof rooms and you can look forward to a hearty breakfast.
The Victoria Inn offers quality, homemade food, fine ales and 4 en-suite brand new letting rooms with free Wi-Fi.
The restaurant serves fresh food seven days a week 12 noon to 2.30pm and 6.00pm to 9.00pm. You can also enjoy a full English breakfast in the morning.
In the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan, close to the old market town of Cowbridge and the pretty coastal town of Llantwit Major, lies the Victoria Inn – a much loved, family-owned pub, restaurant and B&B.
This traditional country inn is simply stuffed with antiques and provides homemade, locally sourced cuisine.
Why not start the day with a delicious English breakfast? Then, tuck into a hearty roast lunch or a traditional homemade pie. In the evening, enjoy a delicious fish pancake or, from the grill, a juicy steak. Keep an eye out for tempting specials on the blackboard, which include beautiful fresh fish. The Victoria Inn seats 90 diners in its restaurant and caters for functions such as christening and funeral receptions from £6.95 per head.
Victoria Inn has been here since 1861 and it has been named Victoria Arms, Inn & Hotel.
Victoria came to the throne in 1837, she was widowed in 1861 and her Golden Jubilee was in 1887 and Diamond in 1897; she passed away in 1901.
Things To Do
Top Ten For Tourists
- St Fagans National History Museum
- Cardiff Castle www.cardiffcastle.com
- Millennium Stadium www.millenniumstadium.com
- Wales Millennium Centre www.wmc.org.uk
- Techniquest www.techniquest.org
- The Welsh Hawking Centre www.welshhawking.co.uk
- National Museum Of Wales www.museumwales.ac.uk
- Barry Island www.barrywales.co.uk
- Cardiff Bay www.cardiffbay.co.uk
- Dunraven Beach (Southerndown)
- Ogmore Dunes
- Barry Island
- The beautiful Gower beaches are just an hour away
Cowbridge - an attractive small, old market town is only 3 miles away. It has a huge diversity of shops including luxury shoe shops, jewellers, ladies' clothes shops, lingerie, swimwear, antiques, interior design, florists, hardware and agricultural merchants, as well as plenty of good places to eat. The Mc Arthur Glen Designer Outlet Village is situated nearby, just off the M4 motorway. www.cowbridge.co.uk.
Cardiff - only 20 minutes away boasts all the major high street retailers including John Lewis as well as lots of smaller specialty shops in delightful Victorian arcades, there is plenty of easy parking and lots of restaurants (Jamie's Kitchen, Waggamammas, Carliccos to name a few) to rest tried feet. You really are spoilt for choice a fantastic shopping within a very small walking distance from the car parks. www.cardiff.gov.uk.
Barry - 10 miles away. home of Gavin and Stacey - why not do the tour of the film locations? Barry Island beaches are great for winter walks and in the summer the island comes to life with lots of activity! The UK Beach Volley Ball Championships are held on the sands in August, and in September the Tall Ships Festival is held on Barry Waterfront. Offering plenty of shopping in the High Street and Holton Road, Barry is well worth a visit. www.barrywales.co.uk.
Penarth - is 14 miles away. It is an elegant Victorian town with plenty of shopping. Browse around the Old Windsor Arcade or have lunch at the Washington Gallery. A walk along the seafront and pier is a must. www.penarthtown.co.uk.
Welsh Culture and the Arts
- Cardiff International Arena - CIA (bookings) www.livenation.co.uk/cardiff
- New Theatre www.newtheatrecardiff.co.uk
- St Davids Hall www.stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk
- Wales Millenium Centre baston of Welsh Art home of Welsh National Opera www.wmc.org.uk
- Millenium Stadium home of Welsh Rugby www.millenniumstadium.com
- Red Dragon www.reddragonfm.co.uk
- Gavin and Stacey www.britmovietours.com and www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk
- Cardiff Airport www.tbicardiffairport.com
- Llantwit Major Train station www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/by/details.html
- Cardiff Train Station www.nationalrail.co.uk/station/CDF.html
- Cardiff Bus Station www.cardiffbus.com
The Heritage Coast Footpath is a breaktaking 14 mile coastal walk starting in Aberthaw and following the coast to Porthcawl.
The Millennium Heritage Trail is a 63 mile walk through the diverse and often spectacular Vale of Glamorgan countryside steeped in history. The Trail is spilt into 16 easy to follow routes.
The Brecon Beacons Nation Park is only 45 minutes away where the walking is endless try hiking to the top of Pen y Fan, its highest peak or wander it’s woodland trails, discover it’s myriad of waterfalls and crystal clear streams and brooks and enjoy it’s spectacular views.
Or why not join our local Valeways a walking group with organised events. To select a suitable walk in the Vale of Glamorgan visit www.valeways.org.uk.
- Wenvoe Castle Golf Club, Wenvoe Cardiff www.wenvoecastlegolfclub.co.uk(Michael’s golf club for the past 27 years)
- Cottrell Park Golf Club, St Nicholas, Cardiff www.golfwithus.com
- Vale Hotel Golf and Country Club, Hensol Park Cardiff www.vale-hotel.com
- Royal Porthcawl Golf Club, Rest Bay Porthcawl www.royalporthcawl.com
- Celtic Manor, Coldra Woods, Newport www.celtic-manor.com
Great Cycling for all ages. There are plenty of quiet country lanes which provide an excellent way of seeing the Vale.
The Taff Trail …. For more extreme and challenging cycling try the Afan Forest Park and Cwm Carn. The mountain bike trails are some of the best in the world, situated in the Brecon Beacons, Welsh Valleys and Gower Peninsular.
- Sustrans www.sustrans.org.uk
- The Afan Forest Park www.afanforestpark.co.uk
- Cycle the Taff Trail www.tafftrail.org.uk
- The Cwmcarn Forest: Twrch Trail and Y Mynydd downhill www.caerphilly.gov.uk